Restoration Services in Baytown Tackle Fire and Water Damage in Tandem
Protect Your Baytown Home After a Fire
Whenever a Baytown house suffers fire damage, there is also certain to be water damage because of the heavy volume of water used by the fire department to extinguish the flames. If you've suffered severe fire in your home that required heavy usage of water, SERVPRO makes the following recommendations:
Call the experts immediately!
Although you may have technical or practical experience dealing with fire damage, only a licensed inspector is qualified to inspect fire damage to determine whether your dwelling is safe to reside in.
The best investment you can make when you suffer a combination of fire and water damage is to hire a professional restoration company. They should have at least 5 years of experience in the field and be certified with the IICRC.
So you don't feel powerless while awaiting their arrival, SERVPRO offers some tips to start your recovery process:
1. Use specially designed fans to remove as much smoke as possible that has accumulated in the house. SERVPRO can provide these high-velocity fans.
2. Water and moisture accumulation quickly leads to mold, so every drop of water must be extracted as soon as possible.
3. To prevent buckling and other wood flooring damage, promptly remove wet rugs or carpets.
4. Metal objects can be protected against corrosion by drying and then applying a thin coating of Vaseline.
5. Cleaning smoke and water damaged walls requires special techniques. Rely on the experts like SERVPRO to do it correctly.
6. Slightly elevate furnishings and other objects on the floor by placing hardwood scraps or blocks underneath. This helps deter permanent staining and mold growth.
7. A commercial-grade dehumidifier should be placed in every room in the house, by a fire restoration company, for quick moisture extraction.
Resist the urge to throw away anything that looks damaged before an expert from your insurance company can determine its value. Even the most terrible appearing water or fire damaged item may have some monetary value.
A professional fire restoration company--SERVPRO--is your safest and least complicated option for preventing intruders from entering your fire-damaged home. Only you and your restoration contractor should have keys for any door locks.